We offer a WIDE range of bright, colourful, educational and hard wearing toys and books that are available for hire for babies and children up to the age of 5 years approximately.
What is a Toy Library?
Toy Libraries operate along similar lines to public libraries. Members borrow toys for a fixed time period. Toy libraries cater mainly for pre-school children and generally have a limit on the number of toys that can be borrowed at each visit.
Who can use it?
It is open to all children who are under 5years who live in the East Acton area. You must be registered with the centre in order to join our toy library.
What does it offer?
A wide range of toys specially selected to help improve your child’s skills and also for enjoyment, stimulation and fun. It also allows children and families the freedom of playing with different toys and games and not have to pay for the expense.
When can I access the Toy Library?
The Toy Library is open during Stay and Plays at set borrowing times each week:
Monday 10:15 – 10:45 (babies only)
The Toy Library is open during Stay and Play.
Our guidelines for use of the toy library
* All parents/carers that access the toy library must be registered with Old Oak Community & Children’s Centre
* Parents/carers are responsible for choosing toys that they think meet the needs/developmental level of the baby/child
* All toys are the property of Old Oak Community & Children’s Centre
* Each Person must sign in and out the toys loaned
* Return each item on the return date or before.
* Each item could be loaned for a maximum of two weeks
* Any toys damaged or broken must be reported when returned
For more information about anything you see on this page, please contact the centre on 0208 740 8008 and speak to one of our Early Years Staff.