The Speech and Language Therapist visits the Stay & Play sessions each month.
The Speech and Language Therapy team work with other professionals at the Children’s Centre to support language and communication development from birth.
The team will be happy to talk to you about:
- How you can help your child or baby to develop their communication skills in your everyday routine
- Why you should speak your first language with your child, and what to do if your family speaks more than one language
- What you should be expecting your child to understand and say at their age
- What to do if you are worried about your child’s communication skills
- What to expect if your child attends an assessment or therapy with a Speech and Language Therapist
Advice can be given on how to encourage your child to develop strong communication skills.
It is also an excellent opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your child’s speech and language skills or have any of your questions answered.
Please visit the following website for more information: